B-Homemade Yogurt with Homemade Pumpkin Granola
L- Cheese Quesadillas with carrot sticks
D-Stuffed Peppers and Broccoli Smashed Potatoes
B- Applesauce Bread
L-Out at Noodles- YUM!
D- Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with celery
B- PB, yogurt, pumpkin, and flax seed smoothies
L- Shrimp fried rice
D- Chili dogs with c-life group
B- Eggs and toast
D- Lentil Soup and Biscuits
B- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
L- Healthy Mac n Cheese
D-Hungarian Goulash with my parents :)
B- Out to Cracker Barrel... been craving it for a while!!!
D- Steak with Acorn Squash
B-at church (yum-o)
L- taco bar
Recipe of the Week:
This is my hubby's all-time favorite meal. Since he has a special day today, we're celebrating it by having his fav! Here's how to make it.
1/2 cup shortening/butter/oil of your choice
1 1/2- 2 lbs cube steak
1 cup chopped onion (sometimes I sub dehydrated and use 1/2 the amount)
1 small clove garlic (again, sometimes I sub dehydrated and use 1/2 the amount)
3/4 cup ketchup
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard (I have just squirted mustard in before... still tasted fine.)
dash cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cup water
Gravy: 2 TBS flour
1/4 cup flour
1. Brown and simmer first 4 ingredients in sauce pan until meat is cooked, drain off some of the oil.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients in crock pot to make sauce.
3. Add meat mixture to the crock pot with the sauce and stir to coat meat.
4. Cook in crock pot for 4 hours (we use low, but our crock pot is a beast!) or until meat is tender.
5. Mix gravy ingredients in separate cup, then pour into crock pot and mix to create gravy.
6. Serve over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. We prefer egg noodles :)