Mealtime Mondays on a Tuesday. So, I'm a day late, oh well. Here ya go!
Monday- Labor Day- cookouts and leftovers :)
Tuesday- Garden Chicken Pasta
Wednesday- Lemon Pepper Fish and grilled veggies
Thursday- Stuffed Peppers and green beans
Friday- Mom's Night In- Nacho Bar with my friends :)
Saturday- Leftovers and Dining Out
Sunday- Potato and Broccoli Soup
Stuffed Peppers (From a friend's recipe box... which is now a staple in ours)
4 peppers, red/green/orange/yellow- doesn't matter
1 lb ground beef
1 cup instant rice
1 can rotel diced tomatoes
ketchup to taste
1. Cut the peppers in half and take out the seeds/white parts to create an empty hole for the filling.
2. Mix the ground beef, rice, and rotel together.
3. Fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
4. Squeeze some ketchup on the top of each pepper filled with meat.
5. Cover and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
Edited to Add 9/8- Garden Chicken Pasta Recipe
Here ya go Denise:
Garden Chicken Pasta
3 Chicken Breasts, trimmed, ready to cook
1 can diced tomatoes with green peppers, celery, and onion
1 can tomato sauce (small)
olive oil or butter- used to sautee
Garden Delight Rotini pasta
1. Cook Pasta, set aside.
2. Sautee garlic in olive oil/butter, then add chicken.
3. Cook chicken until juices run clear.
4. Chop chicken into cubes or strips (can always do this while chicken is raw, then cook it, it tends to cut down on cook time)
5. Add diced tomatoes, carrots and tomato sauce to chicken, stir/mix.
6. Simmer chicken/tomato mixture until desired thickness for sauce occurs.
7. Serve chicken/tomato mixture over cooked pasta.
This is my hubs favorite way to eat pasta... and it's super easy. I typically cook my chicken when I purchase it from the store, then freeze it all in 2-3 breast bags. So that cuts down on cook time as well. Hope you enjoy!