Saturday, September 25, 2010

Funny, Ha. Ha.

When we made the decision to move back to Ohio from Tennessee, the main reason was to be near family. For the first year or so of being back in Columbus, we didn't really see more of our family (besides living with my parents until our house was finished.). But, lately, we have been blessed with visits from family constantly. My kids will have wonderful memories of playing with their cousins (at the moment they are outside having a nerf war.... without ammo- not sure how that's working for them ;).) They will know their aunt/uncle/grandparents- and not just the holiday-knowing. And I hope that as they grow they develop a feeling of belonging and identity within our family. My sister and I have gone through some "out of touch times" (which sisters haven't?) and I've missed her terribly... but now I see her almost daily. It's so great to have my best friend back. It is an amazing blessing to be around my family!
Anyway, onto the funny, haha moment today. While out at cici's pizza with my niece and 2 of my nephews. (The other one is at homecoming... can't believe he's big enough to go! I changed his diapers for pete's sake! Geesh, how old does that make me??) While out, Nathaniel commented that we looked funny having 5 kids for our age. I said, "Well, really, there are 6." Swimmerdude (my middle nephew) said, "6? How do you get 6?" So, I reminded him that I have to take care of the baby inside too. He laughed and said, "Oh! I thought you were talking about Nathaniel... that he was the 6th kid. Oh, guess he makes it 7."
LOL... Such a smart dude. Why is it that the oldest of the bunch still needs as much caring for as the youngest? I'm just glad and blessed that my family needs me... even the grown one :).

No comments: