Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ziploc Painting

Pea wanted to paint, and I didn't want to deal with the mess or with having to pay attention to her every move, so- enter the ziploc bag! I made some homemade paint/gel (because I didn't want to waste the real thing) and put it inside of a ziploc bag, made sure all the air was out, sealed it tightly, and taped it to the kitchen table. Then I gave Pea a bunch of kitchen items and a couple toys and let her "paint". Here are pics of the easiest painting cleanup ever! If I were really green and trying to conserve, I would have kept this and used it again, but, since I'm not, I threw it away so I can use different colors next time. Plus, I think I'll make it a little thicker mext time too. Super fun! Super easy!


Homemade Fingerpaint

2 Tbs cornstarch

2 Tbs water

1 Cup boiling water

Food coloring (or anything that can be used to make fun colors)

Directions: Mix 2 Tbs cornstarch, 2 Tbs water, and several drops of food coloring. Once mixed add boiling water slowly and mix well. Allow to cool, then paint away!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love it! I'm going to Kroger today for supplies--making paint and goop today! :) Not sure where to tape it down, though...maybe on the linoleum??