Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

Stuffed Peppers
(Adapted from a friend's recipe box... which is now a staple in ours)

Ingredients:
4 peppers, red/green/orange/yellow- doesn't matter
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup instant brown rice
1 can rotel diced tomatoes- mild
1/4 cup ketchup
ketchup to taste

Directions:

1. Cut the peppers in half and take out the seeds/white parts to create an empty hole for the filling.

2. Mix the ground turkey, rice, ketchup, and rotel together.

3. Fill the peppers with the meat mixture and squeeze some ketchup on the top of each pepper.

5. Cover and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.

6. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Deni said...

That looks great! Hey, do you have a good homemade granola bar recipe? I am wanting to make some, but not sure where to start. Also, if possible it needs to not have peanuts (I can omit if needed.)

Stultz Family said...

Yeah, I was hoping for a prettier end picture, but the hubby took it, and well, they just don't know about food being pretty, lol. I fb'd you some blogs that have granola recipes- I'll be posting mine soon though. I hate peppers, and I love to eat the filling of this recipe- sooo yum and filling.