So far posting my menu has helped me stick to it, so here we go again!
Monday- Hubs at banquet (Spouses not invited, poo on the hospital!) So, breakfast for dinner.
Tuesday- MNO for me! El Vaqueros... time for a virgin mango margarita!!!
Wednesday- Asain Sesame Salmon with salad
Thursday- Zucchini Lasagna and cheesy breadsticks
Friday- Hungarian Goulash with homemade egg noodles and green beans
Saturday- Leftovers and Dining Out
I also thought that I would put up a recipe each week for my favorite meal. So, this week it's Hungarian Goulash. My hub's favorite meal, and it's high up there on my list. Plus, it's cheap and easy!
2lbs cube steak/stew meat/round steak
1/2 cup shortening or butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 small clove garlic
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
dash cayenne pepper
2 cups water
2 tbsp flour and 1/4 cup water for gravy
1. Cook meat, garlic, and onion in butter/shortening until meat is no longer pink.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (Except for gravy ingredients) to crock pot and mix well.
3. Add meat mixture to crock pot and mix.
4. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours (I cook until meat is tender).
5. Once cooked, mix flour and water for gravy and add to crockpot. mix well.
6. It's ready! Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. YUMM-O!