Friday, June 11, 2010

Refocusing

Over the past few weeks Nathaniel and I have been spending time reconnecting and refocusing. We are working on refocusing our priorities, our marriage, our children, our love, our house, our dreams, our vision for the future; basically, refocusing our lives. Isn't it strange how life gets in the way of life? Life gets in the way of living.... life gets in the way of loving, life gets in the way of spending time enjoying our kids. I fear that I may be the worst at letting life get in the way of everything good that God has blessed me with. I walk into my home, and instead of seeing my beautiful family and all that God has given me, I see the pile of dishes/laundry, dirt on the floor, dinner that must be cooked, and the list can go on. I need a refocus--- because I should feel honored and blessed to be able to take care of my family. I should see these things as a way to serve my family, bless them, and show them God's love.

So, today, instead of coming in and washing diapers, folding clean laundry, emptying the dishwasher, reloading the dishwasher (you get the picture), the kids and I spent a long time cuddling on the porch watching the clouds, lightening, and rain; and listening to the thunder and random train whistles. It was peaceful, and I could feel God reducing my stress and telling me, "This is good, this is important, I've been trying to get you to pay attention to your kids, you are finally getting it." I get it... I finally get it.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I completely agree, Kaleigh! It's a daily battle to refocus, isn't it? It's hard to find the line between our daily duties and living life to the fullest. My motto is: A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't share the same views:) I enjoy your blog!