Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The BEST cookies EVER!

I NEEDED chocolate... decided to make cookies.... discovered that I ran out of cocoa powder... decided I really needed chocolate cookies and went searching the pantry for a substitute. After digging through all the baskets full of crap, I found it... a chocolate pudding mix! So, here's the recipe for the best, chewiest, perfect mixture of cake and cookie, chocolate cookie recipe.

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 box chocolate pudding mix
1 bag peanut butter chips (or any kind of chips)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and pudding mix, and blend until smooth.
4. Mix in flavored chips.
5. Drop cookies onto cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 min. Do not overbake-- the brown color of the cookie makes it seem as though they aren't finished cooking- but they are!

I found that 10 minutes was perfect for 1 cookie sheet, but if I had 2 cookie sheets baking simultaneously, then I needed closer to 13 minutes.

I am going to try using vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix with dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries) and see how they turn out. Maybe decrease the flour and add some oatmeal. Who knows... the possibilities are endless... well, as endless as the pudding aisle! :)
ENJOY!

No comments: