Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Alien Child Part 2

Seriously, my child must have been switched at birth... I didn't eat organic, or even a balanced diet while pregnant/nursing her, but she seems to have the tastebuds of someone much crunchier than I. In reality, I lived on steak and toast with strawberry polaner all-fruit jelly while I was pregnant with her, and ate plain chicken and rice while nursing. Nothing balanced, and nothing too healthy. For the past 3 years, we've eaten crap, sweets, junk, and more crap. It wasn't until recently (she's 3 now) that we started changing out diets and beginning to eat more healthy.
All this in consideration---WHERE DID SHE COME FROM??
Conversations from the last week or so...

Me- Do you want mac-n-cheese, french fries, corn, or broccoli with lunch?
Pea- OOOHHHH Broccoli! Broccoli is my favorite!!

(While eating Buffalo Wild Wings)
Me- Which sauce do you want to try with your chicken?
Pea- Oh, I don't want the chicken, can I just have some celery? WonderPet celery is yummy...
~and then she proceeded to eat celery for the next 30 minutes~

(At olive garden... table is full of salad, breadsticks, appetizers, pasta, etc.)
Me- What do you want to eat, Pea?
Pea- Can I have the purple cabbage, carrots, and olives from the salad? With lots of the purple cabbage? Can we buy me purple cabbage from the store? I love purple cabbage. Oh, and cucumbers, I love purple cabbage and cucumbers. I would pick up the purple cabbage and take a BIG bite.
Me- gross, kid. Gross.

Breakfast-
Me- Do you want a granola bar, chocolate cheerios, rice krispies, or all bran?
Pea- OH! All Bran. It's the best cereal, EVER! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mommy for buying me All Bran!
Me- gross. (as I pour myself a bowl of chocolate cheerios)

Snack-
Me- What do you want for a snack?
Pea- uuuummmm... Kashi Go Lean Crisp, with the cashews... I love crispy cashews.
Me- gross. (at least they could have been like, honey glazed or extra salted... anything other than kashi... gross.)

Anyway--- I'm not sure where she came from. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really love all the posts you offer! I am so looking forward to seeing more like them..