Sunday, April 11, 2010

Psalm 126

Psalm 126:2-3 "Our mouths were filled with laughter, and our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.' The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

Psalm 19:8 "The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes."

These verses have been on my heart the last few weeks. My mother in law is one of those people who always laughs. She is an amazing, godly woman. I am striving to be the type of mother, wife, sister, daughter, teacher that she is. She is open and honest, and she has the greatest joy of anyone that I have ever met. She laughs completely uninhibited... it is pure joy; and it touches my heart every time that we are together.
I can't help but be in awe of all the wonderful things that God has given me. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, all of the necessities of life (and more!), and the ONLY God as my Lord and Savior. It is true... the Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy! My children are filled with the joy that comes with childhood and their innocence and curiosity... as given by God. They love each other, and the love God's creation; even in their "moods" you can look into their eyes and see the joy that lives inside them. I never want the joy that lives in our house to diminish; the joy that is created through a relationship with Christ, and obeying his precepts. Now, this isn't to say that we are perfect.... I am FAR from it! But, God has allowed me to repent and be renewed in Him through His Son, Christ Jesus... and that strengthens and replenishes my joy when I make a stupid decision. I praise Him for the ability and opportunity to experience true, pure joy. Thank you Lord!

No comments: