Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life was easier....

before kids

before poopy diaper blowouts

before the laundry was piled as high as my head

before marriage

before responsibility

before they could talk

before the kitchen turned into a disaster zone

before I even had a kitchen

but was it better????? No, I don't think so.

Today has sucked! I've been sick constantly for the last year, and here I am again, sick... boo. The real problem is that I still had to get out of bed to nurse Bug this morning (trying not to passout from weakness), still had to feed Pea and make her "Bunny Milk", still had to switch the laundry, clean the kitchen, pick up the house, do the dishes, take out the trash, and the list goes on. Why is it that when Moms get sick, we still have to do the same exact thing that we do on days when we are well? It's irritating, unfair, and honestly, it pisses me off! But, I keep reminding myself that while life was easier before all this, it wasn't better.

I am so thankful and blessed that I have other mommy friends who will help on days like today and let me take a nap so that I can make it until the hubby gets home. I am so blessed that Pea snuggles with me, "checks my temperature", and tries to help me feel better, and Bug smiles and laughs at me when he wakes up from napping in my arms. I am so unworthy of the love that I get every day from my family and friends. So, when days like today come around, and I just think to myself, "yeah, life was easier, but it wasn't better... because nothing can beat this."

No comments: